Outside Project Manager
ARS Restoration Specialists provides expert emergency cleanup and restoration. We respond to your emergency loss quickly to help minimize the damage caused by your emergency situation. Our goal is to provide clients with quality restoration services to restore their property to pre-loss condition. We focus on repairing before we replace. Our responsibility to the client is to preserve and restore the affected property and to limit the extent of the loss from smoke, fire, water and storm damage whenever possible.
We have an immediate opening for an Outside Project Manager to drive the management and execution of restoration projects.
Working under the supervision and direction of the Branch Managers, will plan, execute and finalize projects according to project timelines and budgets. May also manage or assist with Operations functions and processes such as fleet management, shop inventory, and facilities maintenance.
- Working with branch managers, will direct and manage project development including definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Proactively communicates with lead project manager on status of project, subcontractor performance, changes in project scope and other key information. May also communicate project expectations to team members and customers.
- Will draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary. Prepares draft of project timelines and milestones identifying project dependencies and critical paths.
- Will assist with the assignment or allocation of staffing resources needed to complete the job in a timely fashion.
- Oversight of job progress, proactively communicates potential issues or problems with senior project management personnel along with suggested resolutions or corrective action.
- Interfaces with customers as well as ARS clients building and developing positive business relationships.
- Ensure timely entry of project notes into Restoration Manager database.
- Interfaces with
Inside Project Managers to ensure they have the information needed for daily customer and client updates.
Large Loss Management
- Working with more senior project manager, defines project scope, budgets, goals and deliverables that support business goals.
- Effectively communicates project expectations to team members and customers in a timely and clear fashion.
- Estimate and oversee resources and participants needed to achieve project goals; determines and assesses need for additional staff and/or consultants and coordinates recruitment of labor as needed.
- Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical paths; identifies and resolves issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Coaches, mentors and oversees project team members and contractors.
- Utilization of Restoration Manager for maintain loss records including daily notes on losses.
- Utilization of Xactimate to develop scopes and estimates as needed
- Maintains and tracks inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Arranges for repair of broken equipment; for equipment that cannot be repaired, prepares purchase orders or other documents needed to secure approval for replacements.
- Manages corporate inventory items such as ice blaster tracking the location of each item and the maintenance/cleaning schedule for each.
- Manages corporate field supply inventory (i.e. gloves, mats, cleaning materials) establishing minimum quantity levels for each item and ensuring on-hand supply remains at or above those levels.
- Allocates materials based upon branch orders and coordinates pickup or delivery with branch managers.
- Manages the schedule for Newton facilities maintenance and upkeep ensuring work orders are completed for maintenance items as required.
- Monitors site dumpster(s) and coordinates dumpster swaps as necessary ensuring swaps occur outside normal business hours.
- Coordinates plowing of parking lots for all Newton facilities and movement of vehicles to accommodate plowing as needed.
- Tracks customers being stored or cleaned in ARS facilities vs. customer home or business locations. Ensures contents inventory has been received from movers and that items are clearly marked to identify who the contents belong to.
- Invoices customers or other responsible parties for storage fees.
Corporate Events/Training Support
- Working with the lead trainer or event organizers, prepares work orders for room set-up, movement of equipment/materials, etc.
- Working with administrative personnel to ensure required meals are ordered and confirms the pick-up or delivery arrangements. Issues work orders for pick-up as needed.
- Prior to an event, ensures training rooms and facility are clean, water supplies stocked and parking accommodations have been communicated.
- Works with ARS Fleet Manager to coordinate the inspection, repair or relocation of ARS vehicles.
- May interface with automobile maintenance technicians or dealers as needed.
- Performs all other duties as may be required.
- This is an entry-level project management role; prior experience in the restoration or related industry required.
- Must possess computer and internet skills or have an ability to learn these skills.
- Demonstrated experience in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills required.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
- Incumbents in this position typically work in an office setting.
- Technology utilization including phones, computers, copiers, fax machines, and other office equipment.
- Light duty work in office environment.
- Some lifting, bending, and stretching.
Submit your resume and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ARS is an equal opportunity employer. Please note that all positions require successful passage of background checks as well as drug and physical screening. Relocation benefits are not available so candidates should be local or be willing to self-relocate.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster. Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.